RISE is a 6-week exercise program designed to improve safety with the aim of decreasing the incidence of falls.
RISE incorporates the latest evidence-based research to maximise the benefits of participation.
After an individual assessment, each participant will receive:
- a tailored program of exercises prescribed by a Physiotherapist;
- education from Health Care Practitioners to increase their awareness about the prevention of falls;
- information about things they can change or modify to improve their safety; and
- the opportunity to partake in their exercises with the supervision of a qualified Physiotherapist.
Participants receive an exercise program designed by a qualified and experienced Physiotherapist tailored to their physical capabilities and personal goals identified in their initial assessment. Each participant will receive an information booklet at the commencement of the program and have the opportunity to ask questions during each session.
For each participant, the program includes:
- 1 x 30 minute Assessment Consultation by a Physiotherapist to determine their base level of function and identify their specific personal goals;
- 6 x 1 hour classes over a 6 week period, comprised of supervised exercises and education; and
- 1 x Final Assessment to measure their outcomes.