Pre-Operative Rehabilitation, or PREHAB as it is widely known, is the preparation undertaken prior to your surgical procedure.
Physiotherapy plays an important role in the management of clients before surgery. At the clinic we can provide you with information and management strategies prior to your surgery to:
- help you understand what to expect after the surgery;
- how to maximise your outcomes from the surgery; and
- help you with specific exercises targeted to assist you with the process.
By partaking in your PREHAB Program:
- Advice on how to manage your swelling and pain;
- Information on what to expect immediately after your operation;
- A tailored exercise program to assist with optimising your movement, strength, endurance, movement control before your surgery;
- Providing tailored treatment and exercise prescription in line with your post-operative instructions from your Surgeon; and
- Advice on how to minimise the risk of the post-operative complications